LONDON – Chairman, CLIA Europe and executive chairman, MSC Cruises, Pierfrancesco Vago along with President, MedCruise and deputy general manager, Dubrovnik Port Authority, Kristijan Pavic have committed to delivering the keynote addresses at Seatrade Cruise Med, which takes place in Santa Cruz de Tenerife 21-23 September 2016 at the International Trade Fair and Congress Centre.
Mr Vago will then be joined by Kyriakos Anastassiadis – chief executive officer, Celestyal Cruises; Stuart Leven – managing director, UK & Ireland, Royal Caribbean International, Michael Thamm – chief executive officer, Costa Group and Richard Vogel president, Grupo Pullmantur, for the newly formatted opening conference session entitled “The way ahead for cruising in the Med”.
The session will cover the following topics:
– As the Med maintains its strong position as the world’s second cruise destination (after the Caribbean), what is driving deployment decisions for the region?
– The fluctuating balance between East and West Med itinerary offerings: the prospects for 2017 and beyond
– The Med led the way in year-round cruising. Ten years on, what is the score card for this concept?
– The continuing appeal of the Med to European and US consumers: can more be done to attract new cruisers from the emerging markets of Asia?
– The cruise industry’s engagement with port communities in the Med
– With a record order book, what are the new ship designs for the Med fleet?
The future of the Mediterranean as a top cruise destination continues to look very healthy, with the number of Europeans choosing a cruise holiday reaching a new record in 2015 of almost 6.6 million passengers. This further cements the economic importance of cruise to the Mediterranean and will follow the success of the previous event in 2014.